With Nate and I both being home, we decided to give potty training a go before going back to school. We thought, if he does it, great! If not, no biggie. So after discussing different potty training methods, I decided that we'd try the "naked for a day" method. Ty, of course, loved being naked all day, and he did awesome! Every half hour or so we'd try and go, and if he went, he got to pick a prize out of the basket. I had gone to the dollar store and bought lots of "fun" stuff. We only had one accident the entire day! Go Ty! At the end of the day, we made a trip to Meijer, where he got to pick out his big boy underwear. He picked Mickey, Elmo, and Thomas ones :) I do have to say he looks super cute in big boy undies! It's been a day and a half since "naked day" and we've been in our big boy underwear all day. We've had a couple accidents, but today he actually told me had to go instead of me asking, so it's a start! I hope he continues on this road and, fingers crossed, will be mostly potty trained by the time I go back to school!
 |
| Nate reading the potty book with Ty |
 |
| Picking from the prize bucket, he loved this part haha |
 |
| Enjoying one of his prizes, a sucker, on the couch |
Our little man is growing up!
Look at that big kid in his little undies - love it! :o)
ReplyDelete