When did my 6lb 12oz little baby girl become.....
such a big girl!?!?
Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet and dramatic little Addilyn. I just can't begin to describe how quickly this year has gone, and how I just can't get over calling Addi a 1 year old! Bittersweet. Her birthday seemed to sneak up on us, mostly because I think I was in denial that she was really turning 1! We had a simple little birthday party for Adds, and had fun just relaxing and enjoying the celebration with Nate's family.
|with the birthday girl|
|Daddy and Ty|
There wasn't really a "theme" for Addi's party, but I wanted pink and green. I saw this owl on pinterest and thought it was the cutest thing ever! Kara of course helped me make it!
Addi didn't want the hat, but loved the cake!
Ditch the hat.... time to dig into the cake!
Love this sweet girl!
Present time! Ty was sooooo excited about present time. He had been talking about Addi's birthday for the last two weeks. He kept saying over and over, "I'm a great ripper mommy, I'll help Addi open presents.. I am a great ripper!" Great helper :)
|ut oh, already loving the cell phone.... :)|
|Checking out her new toys with Aunt Kelsi|
|Grandma and Addi|
Addi..... at 1 years old....
- You weigh 22lbs (82%ile) and are 30in long (78%ile). Your one year check up went great. You were such a trooper for your shots! The doctor said you are right on track. You still have quite a little hernia and we are thinking it will have to be taken care of in a couple of years.
- You LOVE your big brother Ty. You constantly want to wrestle with him, but you always end up crying. After you stop crying you turn right around and go back for more! At the dinner table, you want whatever Ty is eating, and will refuse to eat what is on your plate. You have learned to point to things and you will point to Ty's plate and won't stop until you get the same thing.
- You are a crawling machine, and have started to stand by yourself for 2-3 seconds. You have mastered walking with your walker toy but have yet to take any steps by yourself... you'll get there!
- Your favorite foods are bread, cheese, pasta, Baby Mum Mums, and puffs. You will do anything for puffs!
- You have started to babble, and you will say the "mama" and "dada" but they don't have any meaning yet. I think you are starting to understand that words have meaning because when you point to things you will go "aeh, aeh, aeh" as you point like you are saying, "come on, give me that!" :)
- You are down to one bottle a day, just at night. That night bottle is more hard for me to let go of then you. I need to hold on to it for just a little bit longer.
- You can be quite dramatic at times, and when you hear the word "no, you will get the biggest frown, will flail your arms back and forth, and then throw yourself forward on the ground and cry. A couple times, during your little dramatic moments, Ty will chirp in, "Addi girl is drama drama drama". haha
- Although you have your dramatic moments, most of the time you are such as sweetie. You have one of the best laughs, and Ty can always get the best laugh out of you. Currently, he can really get you going when he pretends to be a frog and jumps around while ribbiting. You apparently think this is just hilarious.
- You have developed quite the stranger anxiety over the last couple weeks. If a stranger even looks at you sometimes you will start crying. Although I love that you love me that much, I hope this phase passes quickly.
We can't imagine our lives without you Addi! You are perfect just the way you are and I wouldn't change a thing. God knew exactly what He was doing when He placed you in our little family. We love you!