Back Ground

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Florida Part I

Well, we made it to Florida!! Mapquest said 21 hours and it took us 22 hours. With a 3 year old and an 11 month old, I say that is pretty good!  We left at 4 on Thursday and got to my Aunt's house on Friday at 2pm.... drove straight through with basically NO traffic. :) Ty was so excited for our trip to Florida, and he did AWESOME on the way.   Addi struggled a bit more, and didn't like sleeping in her carseat all night. She cried almost every 1/2 hour which prevented the non-driver from getting any kind of decent sleep unfortunately.  I was able to nap so I was driving most of the night (first time downing straight Red Bull and wow, that stuff can really keep you awake!).  haha
Travel buddies!



Saturday was a day to start our adventures! It was a BUSY BUSY day.  First up, a trip to a farm to enjoy so fun "Easter" activities.


This was Ty's favorite, a mini-train

ALL smiles


Aunt Lisa and Addi

Checking out the train engine





Next up, a ride on Aunt Lisa and Uncle Terry's boat!!

After the boat ride, it was time for decorating eggs!



On Easter, Ty was very excited to get up and find his eggs.  He kept saying, "The Easter Bunny is such a good egg hider. He's a great bunny!".  haha


Hanging out later that day
My grandma and grandpa finally got to meet Addi!  They were excited to see Ty again too :)






Monday was time for walks, playground trips, and a trip to the locks
I just love his little sunglasses, what a stud!




Checking out the locks.  Ty liked watching the water flow in and the boats go through
3 more days to soak up the sun!!  I hear it is snowing in Michigan, so I'm hoping we can find a way to pack it up and bring it back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment