Back Ground

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Canada 2011


Our trip to Canada is what Nate and I look forward to most in the summers. My dad started going there when he was a little boy after his grandfather had built a wood cabin on Lake Chub. This Lake is 30 minutes from the nearest "town" and is just absolutely beautiful. We stay in cabins which have no real connection to the "outside world" and I LOVE it! We spend our days relaxing, fishing, playing cards, and just sitting by the lake.

The cottageOn the boat

Nate teaching Ty how to fish!


This is the fish Ty caught on his 2 foot Snoopy fishing pole!!

Nate's catch..... I will add that Nate caught a much bigger bass. He landed a 20 inch bass, and his crazy wife accidentally dropped the fish before he could get a picture with it..... I felt awful.... bad wife of the year award!

and then there is mine..... haha. I didn't have the best year!

Nate and I on our anniversary! We have spent every anniversary in Canada, and probably forever will! What a great way to celebrate!
Family game of hearts
Ty found his love for "dipping" his food into things..... salsa, ketchup, ranch, he loves it all!
It was extra hot and humid this year which made for great swimming weather
Our annual Candy Rock Mountain hike. This is where Nate had proposed to me, and we always said we'd have to do the hike every year since then. We were planning on getting a hiking backpack before we left, but it just didn't happen. SO, Nate carried Ty on his shoulders the whole way. Now, this isn't the hardest hike, but it sure isn't flat the whole way. I was so happy Nate did this though, I love being able to share these memories with Ty!
We also love going kayaking on the lake. Maggie has always loved going with us, and we were so excited to bring Ty out this year. He loved it! He was hesitant at first with the life jacket, but once he realized that the life jacket meant either the boat or the kayak he was always squealing with excitement to get it on!
miss these evenings out on the boat......
The countdown now begins to next year's trip! We are hoping to make it two weeks next year! I am keeping my fingers crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How beautiful! Sounds like you had a great, relaxing vacation!

    ReplyDelete