Back Ground

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Arizona - Part II

Spring Break - Arizona

Finally, mid-way through the week Ty was back to his normal self! Wednesday was a little cloudy/cold (yes 70 degrees was too cold) so we decided to head to the children's museum in Phoenix. It was quite small but there was so much for Ty to do! There was a noodle forest with an entire room of noodles hanging from the ceiling. He loved it only when Nate was doing karate chops at the noodles as they went through....
They had cars for him to drive, legos to build, mini car races, tubes that blew koosh balls at you (which was his favorite!), music to play, bridges to cross, slides to go down, tunnels to crawl through, and so much for. We were exhausted after only an hour!On Thursday we decided to go to the Phoenix Zoo. Compared to John Ball Zoo it was HUGE! There were so many animals to look at. My all time favorite was the giraffes, I just LOVE giraffes. If you paid $4 you could feed the giraffe, and there was no hesitation for me to pay the 4 bucks..haha. Ty wasn't too sure about the giraffe and smacked it (oops)! I have to say feeding the giraffe was one my top highlights of the trip!

Ty was interested in looking at all the animals and it took us about three hours to walk around the zoo. By that point, Ty was completely exhausted and was ready to go h
ome. Within 2 minutes of leaving the parking lot, Ty had fallen right asleep.

Of course, we had to take a few more pictures around the lake. It's 1.2 miles around the lake and we probably walked around it at least 4-5 times per day. The fountain goes off every hour and shoots 300-500 feet in the air. Ty loved watching the fountain go off as we walked around the lake. Another favorite thing of his was to "chase" the ducks. His squeal was priceless and made it all worth some of those 5:30am walks :)

We were more nervous about the plane ride home, considering how the first one went. So, we went to Target and Ty got to pick out a few new toys to play with just when we were on the airplane. The two toys he couldn't get enough of in Target were a truck that played "Play This Funky Music" and a little laptop. So they were tucked away and not taken out until we desperately needed them. Originally, Nate and I were not even sitting next to each other on the plane, and it was a full flight. Thankfully the wonderful counter lady called up some people and arranged it so we could be by each other (and 20 rows up!). Take off....bottle and asleep for over an hour... cereal bar...lunch...books...puffs...Baby Einstein...puffs...laptop...puffs (thank goodness for puffs!)...more books...we are descending...getting fussy....Play that Funky Music truck....Funky Music truck....Funky Music truck (sorry old man sitting next to us!).... Funky Music truck (get the picture).... and we land! No tantrums, no puke, no blowups :)

We were so happy that we decided to take this last minute trip. It was great to see family and relax together. It was truly a well needed getaway!

1 comment:

  1. Your family is so cute....makes me CRAVE summer when reading your posts!! We should take a Blue Star road trip to Binder Park Zoo this summer to feed the giraffes!! :o)